This award recognises the practice established in the past three years that can best demonstrate excellence. The accounting industry is ripe for start-ups and entrepreneurs right now, particularly given the new technological tools unique to this generation of accounting professionals. This award recognises the start-up firm in the accounting industry that demonstrated the most effective business growth over the last 12 months. Based on business growth metrics as well as support and servicing, the award considers the activities, strategies and actions of the firm in terms of driving increased revenue and efficiencies.
Open to all the accountancy firm which started its Isle of Man operation in the last 3 years
The awards in this section will be judged against four key criteria
- Strategic Planning: Provide evidence of a clear strategic plan.
- Profitability and Growth: Evidence and demonstration of growth and profitability.
- Professionalism: Demonstrate professional conduct, integrity and performance.
- People and Community: Evidence of the value and investment of people and the way in which staff members are motivated by this.
The judges will be looking for clear information backed up by facts that pays particular attention to the criteria listed below.
- Organisation Background: Please provide a brief description of the Practice, including when it was established, services provided, number of employees and an indication of turnover since inception.
- Business Growth: Please outline significant and specific activities that have contributed to business growth in this period, and also the future goals of the practice. This may include, but is not limited to, new products or services, an increased client base, specific investment or entry to a new market.
- Innovation: Please include details of any unique efforts or processes that have been introduced, outlining their commercial impact and contribution to the growth of the practice.
- Customer Focus: Please describe how the Practice provides outstanding and professional service, demonstrating how it has benefited clients.
- Corporate Social Responsibility: Please outline the societal impact of the practice on the community and environment. This may include, but is not limited to, green initiatives introduced, working with local charities or involvement in social community programmes.
- Please include any other statements or facts that support the entry.
- Outline the tactics used to grow your firm from a start-up, win new business, gain market share, overcome competition and support your staff to offer the best service possible over the last 12 months.
- Describe your point of difference/unique selling points and how these influenced your start-up success.
- Demonstrate a structured approach to the start-up, with clear objectives and associated results. In addition, highlight how you have engaged best practice and innovation to achieve start-up success.
- Highlight how the firm represents the profession and exemplifies professionalism.
- Total revenue
- Number of clients
- Percentage of recurring income (if applicable)
- Number of new clients