A dedicated and talented new generation is key to ensuring the ongoing success of the industry. This award recognises the most outstanding young accountant in the industry, who demonstrated excellence in their profession and an exemplary commitment to success in their accounting career over the last 12 months. The award seeks to reward individuals who have contributed to the development and progression of the profession . It considers the activities, strategies and actions of the young accountant in terms of positioning themselves for future success.
This award is open to all professionally qualified young accountants who are of age 30 or under on the date of the award ceremony and operating within the Isle of Man region.
The judges will be looking for clear information backed up by facts that pay particular attention to the criteria listed below.
- Professionalism: Outline the evidence of professional conduct and performance.
- Measurable Success: Outline the facts of quantifiable performance improvements and personal excellence and how success was recorded and measured.
- Innovation: Please include details of any unique efforts or uses of technology introduced by the individual that has successfully improved the performance of their team or the organisation as a whole demonstrating the innovation encouraging positive change.
- Role Model: Demonstration of how the candidate is a positive role model.
- Quality of service: Outline how the individual exceeded expectations through their work. Individuals should best demonstrate excellence beyond that which is normally expected from a professional.
- Teamwork: Outline how the individual has contributed to the success of their team, and displayed commitment, enthusiasm and flexibility in the role.
- Impact: What makes this individual stand out from colleagues? Outline their achievements to date, summarising their contribution to the growth and success of the organisation.
- Please include a testimonial from the individual’s head of department or supervisor where possible.
- List your key career milestones since entering the accounting profession.
- Outline extracurricular activities you have undertaken to position yourself for success in your career as an accountant.
- Outline the professional development you have undertaken since completing your university studies.
- Where do you think the biggest opportunities in the profession are right now? Outline how you positioned yourself to capitalise on these opportunities over the last 12 months.
- To strengthen your entry, you may wish to include an endorsement from your CEO/ Head of Department or customer(s)
- Nominee's professional qualification.