Although not the traditional domain of accounting businesses, firms and networks are increasingly recognising the bottom-line benefits of having an effective and strategic marketing programme. This award recognises the business in the accounting industry in the region that best utilised marketing to win new clients and drive business growth over the last 12 months. Based on marketing activities and strategies, the award considers how the business has used marketing to sign new clients and drive increased revenue.
This award is open to all accounting firms operating in the Isle of Man and having a new marketing initiative launched within the last 12 months - any campaign via any media will be considered.
The awards in this section will be judged against four key criteria
- Strategic Planning: Provide evidence of a clear strategic plan.
- Profitability and Growth: Evidence and demonstration of growth and profitability.
- Professionalism: Demonstrate professional conduct, integrity and performance.
- People and Community: Evidence of the value and investment of people and the way in which staff members are motivated by this.
The judges will be looking for clear information backed up by facts that pays particular attention to the criteria listed below.
- Organisation background: Please provide a brief description of the Practice, including when it was established, services provided, number of employees and an indication of turnover since inception.
- Business growth: Please outline significant and specific activities that have contributed to business growth in this period, and also the future goals of the practice. This may include, but is not limited to, new products or services, an increased client base, specific investment or entry to a new market.
- Innovation: Please include details of any unique efforts or processes that have been introduced, outlining their commercial impact and contribution to the growth of the practice.
- Customer focus: Please describe how the Practice provides outstanding and professional service, demonstrating how it has benefited clients.
- Corporate social responsibility: Please outline the societal impact of the practice on the community and environment. This may include, but is not limited to, green initiatives introduced, working with local charities or involvement in social community programmes.
- Please include any other statements or facts that support the entry.
- Outline your approach to marketing in last 12 months, involving the conceptualisation, development and execution of a marketing plan that meets its goals.
- How did you structure a marketing mix that leverages multiple marketing channels (e.g. advertising, public relations, websites, apps) and connects with your target client base?
- Highlight your innovation and use of emerging marketing tools and channels.
- Outline the tactics used to grow your firm from a start-up, win new business, gain market share, overcome competition and support your staff to offer the best service possible over the last 12 months.
- Highlight how the firm represents the profession and exemplifies professionalism.
- Measurable positive results from the campaign
- Explanation of how campaign embodies originality and ‘thinking outside of the box’
- Ongoing progress, monitoring and maintenance of the campaign
- Teamwork and noteworthy personal contributions to its success
- Testimonial from Head of department/client
- Percentage of recurring income (if applicable)
- Number of new clients from the campaign